Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Whatever Wednesday- runDsiney Training


 Ugh. Running is the worst!


Seriously. I hate running. But in my effort to become an excellent Disney travel agent I have decided to participate in a  runDisney race. I want to experience as many new Disney things as I can so I will be able to give great customer service. I want to help others who want to visit during these exciting times at the park.

I'm not crazy. I know there is no way I'm running a full or even half marathon. A 10k still seems a bit long for someone like me. I have run {I use the term "run" loosely} the July 4th Peachtree Road Race {which is a 10K} once before and also have run the Color Run {5k} once. They were enjoyable, but it's not something I've made a habit of. Ha! 

My cousin, Me, and my brother Peachtree Roadrace 2011.
Louie the Dog, My BFF, XD, and Me the Color Run 2012.

Yesh! That first picture! I was way out of shape. I thought training would be a great way to get back into shape after having a baby {Disney Jr. was 6 months old at the time}. I was still nursing and boy it was hard! I held on to every ounce I had gained while pregnant. I'm glad I did it though. It was a bucket-list item for me. The Color Run was much easier. I was finished nursing, in much better shape and it was half the distance. Also, it wasn't in the middle of the freakin' summer.

VIA
So it's decided. I'm going to run the Disney Princess 5K on February 20, 2015 with one of my very dear friends,my brother and his wife, and my father-in-law {who has already started training! So proud of you Bud!}! I am about to start my training on Monday, August 4th. The kids go back to school and I go back to the gym. I'm following the Couch to 5k plan. You can read more about that plan here.  

You have many more posts on this topic to look forward to! How training is going, costume planning, and oh yeah, this trip will be a surprise for the kids! How fun is that?!? Get up, its time to go to school. Oh wait, LET'S GO TO DISNEY!

Best.
Surprise.
Ever.


Have you run a runDisney race? How was it?
post signature

2 comments:

  1. No one could be any prouder than I am of Bryan (Bud)!!! He is so dedicated and I am his #1 supporter!!!

    ReplyDelete