Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Whatever Wednesday My Disney Planning Binder

As they say, be prepared. 


The season finale of The Middle had the Heck's vacationing in Disney World. Sue had won a free trip for the family and was very excited. I mean VERY excited {rightfully, so!}.

VIA



We {XD and I} have been fans of this show since it started, so we were really excited for this episode. This episode was so well written, as most are. Sue is talking about her planning binder and how she will have to start trimming down because she is over 600 pages and says "Oh, and we need more computer paper and glitter. Thanks!"

That was so me. My husband gave me such a hard time about that thing, but in the end we were all glad to have it. To be clear I didn't carry the whole thing through the parks with us. Just the days information in a document protector.

Here's a run down of what was included:



First Tab-General Info


Our reservations {dining, hotel, and Pirates League}, Hours for each park the week we were there, and all of our fastpass times. It was a comfort to me to have it on paper just in case.


One thing I found to be very helpful was having the daily itinerary in view. I brought along command hooks and put one on the door to adjoin rooms. I hung the document protector from it and could see what was going on that day. Each night I would flip to the next day so Seth and I could be on the same page about the next days plans.

 Tab Two-Touring Plans


I printed our touring plans for the day and put them each in their own document protector. I would take each days plans out {as well as any reservations for the day} and take that with us.



 It was much easier that lugging around the whole binder. On the back of each page was a map of the park that we would be in for the day. 

Tab Three- Maps

Maps of the entire resort, transportation maps, maps of just our resort, a map of Downtown Disney, as well as a map of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. As I said before the park maps were with the touring plans.

I also made sure to go over the transportation maps. I was glad to have an idea of what was going on before we left.

Fourth Tab-Money

 
We carried cash on this trip, so I had a document protector with all of the envelopes of cash in it.


There was also space for receipts and a chart to keep track of our dining credits used. 


Tab Five-Miscellaneous


 
Info about pressed pennies, packing lists, addresses for postcards, ect. 




I used a plain white binder and this scrapbook paper to decorate it ($9.99 on Amazon). If you aren't in a DIY mood there are plenty of Etsy sellers who would be glad to make one for you.

I was very glad to have it while we were there too. It gave me a place to store all the random slips of paper you seem to collect in a day. It's also nice to be able to go back and check receipts and really know what the trip cost.

Is there anything you would add to your planning binder?
post signature

1 comment: