Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Take With You Tuesday-Mole Skin and Scissors



Take With You Tuesday-Save your feet! 





You will find mole skin on several packing lists. I highly recommend bringing it along, but don't forget scissors! Also, make sure they are sharp enough to cut mole skin.

After a 9am-7pm day at Magic Kingdom, an open-close day at EPCOT and 8am-5pm day at Hollywood Studios, 3 of us had major blisters on our feet. We did everything right-wore shoes that were already broken in, kept our feet dry, even used Body Glide (I'll talk more about this next month or so...). I feel like blisters are unavoidable with all the walking you do in the parks. Once we got back to our resort after our Hollywood Studios day, XD and I could barely walk! I busted out the mole skin then realized I had no way to cut it! I had never used it before, so I didn't really know what to expect.


How it works is you cut a circle of moleskin large enough to cover the blister with enough space to cut the center out. Like a doughnut, with the inside being the size of the blister.  Since I didn't have scissors, I called down to the front desk to see if they would send up a pair {my poor aching feet didn't want to make the trek all the way down there!}. They didn't, but told me I could come down there and use them at the desk.

Ugh. Fine.

I had to use a scrap of paper and trace all of our blisters. Seriously! Then walk down to the desk and use their very dull scissors to cut out the bandages. It was a little embarrassing, but more time consuming and difficult.

Bring scissors. Don't stand at the front desk with aching feet.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment