Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Whatever Wednesday- Ever After High Birthday Party

I'm so excited for my first guest post! My sister-in-law Amanda just hosted a party for her middle girl and agreed to write about it here! While this party isn't "Disney" its what I'll call "Disney adjacent". So anyway, on to the party! 



9th Birthday Slumber Party

with 
Ever After High


I am not sure why this series has not taken off more.  It is an adorable children's book series (and limited TV shows on Netflix).  The series is based off the traditional story book characters that Disney has been bringing into our lives since 1937.  The main characters Raven Queen and Apple White (the daughters of the Snow White characters) are approaching their legacy while struggling through the awkward and difficult years of high school  Their story includes  a lot of your favorite character's children with their own legacy and pressures to cope with.

We had to be a little creative and find some help from Pinterest to make this party theme come alive.

Here is some of our supplies from Party City, Michaels, and WalMart

We setup a sign up book as they came in.  The girls selected a key with a characters name and signed the Book of Legends then placed their key where they wanted to sit.


We found the keys for $1.50 each in the bins at Michael's!

My daughter decided we need feather pens for our craft and was eager to show me how to make them.  We used masking tape, basic black pens and feathers.  Feathers with a long base are the best.  She wrapped feather to pen with colored masking tape.  Simply and Fun!


I decided years ago that making cakes for birthday parties just stressed me out WAY too much.  So we always set aside money to buy cake or in this case, Cookie Cake.  I am thankful for the Great American Cookie, they were able to take my simple sketch of a skeleton key and make a beautiful cookie.



We also borrowed the idea of using the Ever After High paint book as a craft activity.  It was the quietest part of the night!


We used the purple and red theme from the book and characters to create our table-scape.  I found the black labels for the cups (Etch-it) at Wal-Mart in the clearance section.  It was a perfect addition to our plain boring cups!

We found these wonderful key bags at Michael's, and we made charm bracelets for the girls to take home.  The bracelets were going to be another activity for the girls to do but they enjoyed playing Twister too much!  So I made them while they were playing and included it in their gift bag.


The gift bags contained a box of movie size candy, bracelet, their painting and feather pen.
It was a pretty simple party but I think the girls really enjoyed themselves. 




Thank you so much Amanda! Isn't it adorable?

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I have the most creative children!!!! My grandbabies are so blessed in so many ways, one by having parents that can re-purpose and create with their incredible imaginations!!!! I get to just sit back and say: "oooooh" and "ahhhh"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever After High Birthday Party!! It truly looks stunning. I too had a brilliant time in my best friend’s fashion themed birthday bash that was held at one of the local rental spaces for parties. The bash was brilliantly organized by the venue staff and the budget was also quite normal.

    ReplyDelete