Thursday, July 17, 2014

Thrifty Thursday- Become a Wilderness Explorer


The wilderness must be explored! Caw! Caw! Roar!





This Thrifty Thursday comes  from Disney's Animal Kingdom. While it does require park admission, this particular activity is free. It's an excellent way to see the park, and stay away from gift shops. You can become a Wilderness Explorer like Russel from Up!

And BTW- who doesn't love Up? If you don't love Up you have no soul. There, I said it. 

Anyway, at the front of the park there is a station set up that gives out the handbooks and gives you your first of 30 badges. Don't worry, if you obliviously walk past it..eh hem..like we did you can get a book and pencil from any of the stations around the park. 

Seth wasn't feeling well on Animal Kingdom day. He joined us for the morning for the safari and to stay with Disney Jr. so Disney XD and I could ride Expedition Everest, but was really feeling miserable.  I happily offered for him to head back to the resort for some rest and I would stay at the park with the boys. He thankfully agreed and left. 

As soon as he was out of sight I panicked. What did I just get myself into? C.R.A.P. 

With my boys being very different ages, there were a lot of things XD wanted to do, but Jr. couldn't. XD was able to ride a few things by himself {like the Primeval Whirl}, but we weren't able to do everything.

The Tusker House was one of my favorite meals of the whole trip. I was sad Seth missed it.


We stumbled upon this awesome activity after lunch while we were admiring the Pink Flamingos. The Cast Member got Disney XD involved and encouraged him to take a book. I have to say, if I could be a Cast Member in the park, this is the role I would want! They look liked the were having so much fun!





Along the way we stopped to see my favorites, Dug and Russel. We had them autograph our guide books. 



A perfect FREE souvenir!




Each station has a different activity and gives a different badge. We collected about half, but plan to finish up the collection next time we go. Have you earned all of your badges?


post signature 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds GREAT!!! I had not heard about this particular activity during your last DW trip!!! Poor Seth, he missed out....

    ReplyDelete