Thursday, July 3, 2014

Crafting to Disney

Hey There! I'm Lauren and I am so excited to start this crazy adventure of blogging about Disney. I want to give you a little information about me, my wonderful {crazy, overwhelming, loving} family, my love for Disney, and how I plan on getting excellent information to you. So, here we go! 

Here's a bit about me. I have a very strong creative background with a degree in Commercial Photography. Like most kids, I loved Disney. I went to the park a couple of times and always had a blast. As I got older I still had a fond place for Disney in my heart but didn't feel a strong need to visit.

My family {I'm the middle kid} posing with our Jungle Cruise skipper. Also, I love the cast member photo bomb!
Me, my little brother and older sister with Pluto circa 1989.
 

Once I had my oldest child {we'll call him Disney XD or XD for short} I wanted to bring him but really thought it was out of reach. I mean Disney World is expensive, right? I assumed he would only have one trip in his lifetime and wanted to wait till he was old enough to remember it.

Disney XD

Disney Junior
 Six years later a little brother came along {we can call him Disney Junior}. Our family was expanding as well as our extended family. My generous mother-in-law decided it was time for a family trip to  Disney World. The planning began for a trip that was two years out. Over the course of those two years plans changed several times. In the end my family of four were the only ones who went. We had the most  fantastic time! Everything was magical and the trip went off without a hitch.
 I was bit HARD by the Disney bug. Between having a fantastic time and spending close to two years planning and reading everything I could it was inevitable. My kids can't wait to go back. I cant wait to go back. My husband...he could wait. I figured a great way to channel my Disney energy without making my dear hubs crazy would be to start this blog and share my passion with all of you.
 I also decided I would love to plan vacations for other people too. In June of 2014 I started my journey to become a certified Disney Travel Agent. If you would like to read more about it check it out here. 


 So now I have a 9 year old and a 3 year old. XD is a creative, funny, loud, caring boy with a giant heart. He loves Club Penguin, Disney Infinity and The Muppets {who doesn't, amiright?}. On our last trip he really got into pin trading. We are building his collection and cant wait to get back and trade with cast members.
Junior is an adventurous, wild, crazy, happy, relentless, determined kid who loves to cuddle. We found out when he was 6 months old that he had had a fetal stroke leaving him with Hemiplygia {left side weakness}. He has severe speech delays, and has limited use of his left side. He has been in therapy since he was diagnosed which has been very helpful. He has come so far and we couldn't be prouder of him. From time to time you will see some things geared toward special needs kids.

My husband, Seth, is a loving, grumpy, charming, comical, sarcastic curmudgeon. We love him dearly but sometimes he can be a stick in the mud. He isn't a huge fan of Disney, but agreed to go. I think he was assuming that he wouldn't be asked to go back for many many years.  I don't think he expected the obsession that would take over my life. Poor guy.


I knew that I had to plan our trip down to the very last detail. In order for him to enjoy himself and enjoy the kids witnessing everything for the first time I knew we needed to have a great touring plan and as many dining reservations as possible. I could just imagine having a fight in front of the castle because he was hungry, the kids were cranky, and I couldn't find a restaurant that could take us. I don't know about you, but that didn't sound like fun to me. My thought was right on. Without the worry of where to go and what to eat we were all able to enjoy each other and our surroundings. That trip was really magical. 

So, since we had such a magical time, the whole family {minus Seth maybe} wants to go back and experience it all over again. Which leads us to the blog. We will have themed days with weekly giveaways. 

Make Something Monday will feature a craft tutorial. It will be anything from things to take with you on your trip to home decor. I will include a list of supplies as well as approximate cost.

Take With You Tuesday will feature small items that can have a big impact on your trip. Obviously you know to bring clothes and toiletries. These will be items that you may not think to pack but will be happy that you did. 

Whatever Wednesday will be a free for all. I will cover anything from Disney themed parties to planning ideas. 

Thrifty Thursday will talk about money saving ideas while your at Disney World as well as ways to save to get there. 

Flash Freebie Friday will be the weekly giveaway! The giveaway will run only through the weekend so it will be important to enter as soon as the post goes up! 

So there ya have it! I hope you stick around and join me on this adventure! Connect with me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram. Also, feel free to follow along via email.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment