Monday, August 4, 2014

Make Something Monday- Pixie Hollow

Build it and they will come, right?


Before I get into today's post I just have to ask, do you hear the angels singing? I do because IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! My home is quiet for the first time in months.



Anyway, today I'm sharing a Pixie Hollow Fairy Garden that my mom made with Disney XD. The best thing about this project is it was made from found objects around our home and garden. You can get very creative here and have a great time with a little one for little or no cost.

Here are a few pictures of their creation.



Its hard to tell but the whole thing is in a bird bath on a pedestal.





To the left you see the "pool" made from blue glass bead and a path to the house made from river rock. I love the combination of moss, ivy, lavender, and wild strawberries. 



Inside the house there is a bed with a leaf for a blanket. 


This was a broken clay pot my brother made for my mom when he was a child. It recently broke and became a pool chair for Tink. 


Here's a little bead ladder for the fairies to climb.


XD found a little blue lizard in his toy box and added it to the planter.


This little Tinkerbell magnet has been on my fridge since I was a little girl. XD and I thought it would be perfect in the planter.

This was a spur of the moment project for my mom and XD, but with a little more planning you could make a really great home for Tink and her friends! Look at some of the great things I found on Pinterest.


DIY tiny toadstools. VIA


DIY fairy swing. VIA

I couldn't pass up this tiny camper!!! VIA


I love this one in a bird bath. VIA

Have fun making your own little fairy garden for Tinkerbell to play in!

post signature







No comments:

Post a Comment